What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Temp Home Base Pensacola Area

Jimd

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am looking for info on a temp home for my RV6 while in the Pensacola area. I am helping my father-in-law get comfortable with a new (to him) boat. I may be in the area for a week or maybe 3 or 4. Then, we will be slowly heading south with the boat and airplane, toward the Tampa area.

Is there a ga friendly fbo in the area? The boat will start out at the Pensacola Shipyard marina but could be moved to a locatiion that would be closer to an airport.

If there is someone in the panhandle with both boat and airplane knowledge I would love to talk with you.

I am going to try and leave Iowa Thursday (11/13/08). While I am in the area I will also be available for transition training in my 6.

Jim,
Here is a link to Ferguson Airport. It's the closest field to downtown Pensacola. Not sure what they may have for hangar space available. I'm at a small airfield about 6 miles west across the AL border called Shields (AL55), but live on the East side of Pensacola in Gulf Breeze. Give a call when you get down. My home phone is 850 934-9122.

http://www.fergusonairport.com/

Jim,
I have visited Pensacola numerous times and always stay at Ferguston (82J)
Super people, they have always made room for my 8 in there hangar, AV gas available on the field.
Dick:eek:

Thanks for the Info

Thanks for the help guys! It looks like I will be heading south today!

Back