What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV15 developement continuing?

Chukill

I'm New Here
Patron
Does anyone have any "unofficial updates" on the RV15 development? I realize nothing happens officially until out of chapter 11, but is there anyone working after hours, pro bono on the testing and development? I'm 72 years old and have one more build in me, but I don't want to waste anymore time than necessary waiting for a product that may never happen. Anyone in the skunk works out there, willing to spill a few beans to give us hope? Your secrets are safe with us.

I believe I read on this site that their top notch test pilot was let go due to bankruptcy. That’s not a good sign.

I believe I read on this site that their top notch test pilot was let go due to bankruptcy. That’s not a good sign.
That doesn't mean anything, really, as it pertains to development. They know that there are many, many people ready to buy the -15; I am sure they will get to it as soon as they can. It will definitely be another revenue stream.

I heard it hypnotized that the reason Vans went to LCP was becuase they didn’t have the capacity in the punch presses. So now that they are back to punching parts, and they have a large back log of punch parts to make, unfortunately I think it will be a while before they have enough capacity to start building RV15 parts.

I have personally experienced this:I heard small businesses usually fail because they grow too fast.

One of the court documents attached in one of the Chapter 11 threads showed a predicted budget for the next year or two and there was a line item for “bring RV-15 to market” or something like that… Right? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Does anyone have any "unofficial updates" on the RV15 development? I realize nothing happens officially until out of chapter 11, but is there anyone working after hours, pro bono on the testing and development? I'm 72 years old and have one more build in me, but I don't want to waste anymore time than necessary waiting for a product that may never happen. Anyone in the skunk works out there, willing to spill a few beans to give us hope? Your secrets are safe with us.

The 15 showed up at coffee two weeks ago, flown by a staff person. There are changes being made to the prototype but I don’t have details. It appears they are working on it, though it may not be the top priority right now.

One thing I am certain of is they will not start on kits till they get it right.

One of the court documents attached in one of the Chapter 11 threads showed a predicted budget for the next year or two and there was a line item for “bring RV-15 to market” or something like that… Right? Or am I remembering incorrectly?
I saw that as well.

Yes there was a court document with plans to continue the RV-15.

True.

In the past, I am not aware of them having someone on staff that had been to test pilot school do test flying on the other models so maybe it will get test flown by other pilots that are part of the staff.

Back