What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A Right Control Stick (F-669) Mounting

jimzap

How is the right control stick locked to the WD-611 weldment? Reference drawing 38. I do not see any listing for a bolt or whatever to ensure the stick stays in the weldment.

I'm assuming I drill both for a AN3 bolt...

Screenshot 2024-02-18 152806.png

In the original design it was literally just stuck in there which made it super easy to pull it out and stow it if youre passenger didn't want to deal with it. Unfortunately, somebody got a bit overzealous and pulled it up out of the socket and ended up wrecking an airplane so there was a service bulletin issued that has you install a bolt through it. A lot of people have gone with a hybrid approach and instead of a bolt have gone with one of the little spring buttons like you would see on telescopic tent poles or whatever.

The service letter is SB07-2-6. It and many others are locate in the "sales and service info" drop down menu on Vans website.

How is the right control stick locked to the WD-611 weldment? Reference drawing 38. I do not see any listing for a bolt or whatever to ensure the stick stays in the weldmeI'm assuming I drill both for a AN3 bolt...

Here is some info for the button pin used by some.
Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 4.52.07 PM.png

I put a Pit-Pin in mine to make it removable yet secure.
I have an Infinity grip with switches that are all part of a quick disconnect. The bottom has a hardened point on it to use for breaking out the canopy in emergencies.

I put a Pit-Pin in mine to make it removable yet secure.
I have an Infinity grip with switches that are all part of a quick disconnect. The bottom has a hardened point on it to use for breaking out the canopy in emergencies.
That's a sweet idea to make it a window breaker!

Back