What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 X-Over exhaust deliveries?

BruceW

Well Known Member
Received a EXP119 FWF kit in 10/22. The exhaust package (EA EXH 14 EXP119) was backordered.

Has anyone received their BO'd exhaust package recently?
Wondering if this is a 'pay more for the new price' deal and I didnt hear of it.
($1900 in my case. Now shows as $3325 at the Store.)
Is anyone filing a CH11 claim for the original price?
Where are these sources from? Order direct?

(so many questions)

I heard that many of the exhaust systems were being made in house a few years ago. I know 25-years ago, the exhaust systems where from a vendor.

I ordered my EXP119 FWF in May 23, and the exhaust was backordered of course. I heard nothing about it since so I finally gave up and ordered a Vetterman which arrived about a month later. I never heard if the $1900 would be increased or not. I canceled the Vans backorder.

I ordered my EXP119 FWF in May 23, and the exhaust was backordered of course. I heard nothing about it since so I finally gave up and ordered a Vetterman which arrived about a month later. I never heard if the $1900 would be increased or not. I canceled the Vans backorder.
^^ me 2

Thanks for the replies.
What did you all order from Vetterman for the -14 EXP119?
Is it the same fit as a stock Vans order?

Thanks for the replies.
What did you all order from Vetterman for the -14 EXP119?
Is it the same fit as a stock Vans order?
Call Vetterman and tell them you have a -14 and an EXP119 and ask them for the standard crossover 4 into 2 (or something different if that’s what you want) and they’ll make it and ship it to you. They are familiar with what you are looking for. I’ve talked to Clint personally about it (I live local to him) and referred a friend and fellow builder to him recently for exactly what you’re looking for.

Hi @-135Driver ,
Apart from lead time, can you share details and differences between "stock" vans exhaust system versus VEttermans? Does Vettermans provides all the same parts we expect to receive when purchasing Vans EXP119 exhaust kit? (bags)

Is there any performance or quality improvement on Vetterman's ? Care to share the price for the kit?

Call Vetterman and tell them you have a -14 and an EXP119 and ask them for the standard crossover 4 into 2 (or something different if that’s what you want) and they’ll make it and ship it to you. They are familiar with what you are looking for. I’ve talked to Clint personally about it (I live local to him) and referred a friend and fellow builder to him recently for exactly what you’re looking for.
^👍^ got my -8 exhaust directly from Clint.

That's me.....

Per Clint, the Only thing that Vetterman does not supply is SCAT tubing. Everything else is included. As always, your best bet is to call him.
Yep, but this isn't quite true. You also don't get the heat shields that Vans supplies. You can buy them from Spruce. And you don't get the aluminum 2" T fitting to connect both cabin heat valves to the system. I replaced that with a very inexpensive Y fitting from spruce also. Lastly, there is a dump closeout plate that covers the exit air on the second cabin heat valve. I've heard this is really unimportant for heater performance so I'm going without it for now.

Yep, but this isn't quite true. You also don't get the heat shields that Vans supplies. You can buy them from Spruce. And you don't get the aluminum 2" T fitting to connect both cabin heat valves to the system. I replaced that with a very inexpensive Y fitting from spruce also. Lastly, there is a dump closeout plate that covers the exit air on the second cabin heat valve. I've heard this is really unimportant for heater performance so I'm going without it for now.
I talked to Clint today in person and asked about the missing items you mentioned. He said that he does in fact supply those items with his exhausts. If you were missing them in your order, it was by mistake, and you could reach out to him if needed. As Phil mentioned, the only thing not supplied is the SCAT tubing. Hope this helps some folks that are trying to figure out what to do about an exhaust system.

I am in the same boat as the OP. I emailed Vans and was told I was #10 on the list and they should be going out in 30 days. I got this email on 20 Jan and based on that chose to not file a claim as this was the only thing I was missing from my FWF kit. Concur the price increase is crazy on these - I think the FWF kts are going to take a hit in future sales. The reply came from the [email protected] email.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Lou,

You are currently 10th in line for shipping the EA EXH 14 EXP 119. Your exhaust should ship out in the next 30 days.

Thank you,

Clarissa

Van's Aircraft

I talked to Clint today in person and asked about the missing items you mentioned. He said that he does in fact supply those items with his exhausts. If you were missing them in your order, it was by mistake, and you could reach out to him if needed. As Phil mentioned, the only thing not supplied is the SCAT tubing. Hope this helps some folks that are trying to figure out what to do about an exhaust system.
This is great news. Honestly I was so happy to have an exhaust I didn't even consider it might have been a simple error. :) Anyway the parts I added weren't expensive. BTW the Vetterman exhaust is a perfect fit and a really nice piece of work.

I received my backordered exhaust package (EA EXH 14 EXP119) from Vans yesterday.
Other than mildly pestering Vans staff about the backorder, dont know why I actually received it.
But grateful nonetheless.

BTW, is there any way to tell if I got the good or bad (new or old) heat muff with this kit?
(Bad = end plates break)

I think Vans is getting caught up. I am supposed to get my exp119 exhaust day after tomorrow . At least UPS says it is in Transit. It was back ordered since last September. BTW…..I think the old price was about $1900.00. Well the NEW price is $3500.00’ish. Shipped to Michigan.
Stuff is getting right up there!
Jerry Kalin
sn140601

Lastly, there is a dump closeout plate that covers the exit air on the second cabin heat valve. I've heard this is really unimportant for heater performance so I'm going without it for now.
Sure the system will work without it, but if it is not installed, every time the heat control is adjusted on one side it will also change the flow on the other side because the two dump paths will be fighting against each other.

I think Vans is getting caught up. I am supposed to get my exp119 exhaust day after tomorrow . At least UPS says it is in Transit. It was back ordered since last September. BTW…..I think the old price was about $1900.00. Well the NEW price is $3500.00’ish. Shipped to Michigan.
Stuff is getting right up there!
Jerry Kalin
sn140601
Did you receive an invoice with a new higher price to approve? Or do they simply charge you the new price? I have my exhaust in backorder for a while, received no letter/email and parts department keeps telling me there is no forecast for this kit. (maybe because they know they didn't ship me the engine yet..)

I received my backordered exhaust package (EA EXH 14 EXP119) from Vans yesterday.
Other than mildly pestering Vans staff about the backorder, dont know why I actually received it.
But grateful nonetheless.
Do you already have your engine? Just checking because I have done my share of Vans pestering and no joy :) I think they know they own me an engine delivery first :)

Did you receive an invoice with a new higher price to approve? Or do they simply charge you the new price? I have my exhaust in backorder for a while, received no letter/email and parts department keeps telling me there is no forecast for this kit. (maybe because they know they didn't ship me the engine yet..)
Invoice…..had to approve it before they would ship.
jerry

Do you already have your engine? Just checking because I have done my share of Vans pestering and no joy :) I think they know they own me an engine delivery first :)
Yes, I have a EXP119 sitting in the corner in a box. (for now)

Just for a data point, I ordered my Vetterman exhaust on January 15. I just got an email from UPS saying that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Back