What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 upgrades/fixes

McFarlan vernier throttle & Plexiglas rear window

Dave- Good list. You can also add the McFarlan vernier throttle control and weaker carburetor throttle springs. Oh, there is also the recently announced formed Plexiglas for the rear window.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but the flap handle push button is a real skin pincher. I found a post on VAF where a guy made a solid aluminum button with a nice knurled end. I copied it exactly and it fixes problem completely. No more fear deploying flaps...

Thanks for doing the leg work on this Dave.
Great idea that will help other builders and/or owners.

Last edited:
Yes, that what I was referring too. I mis-read and was thinking I had missed a factory update.

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks for the heads ups

I want to thank you previous builders for this thread. I am working on a previously started kit and this list has helped me tremendously on checking off the improvements I have already completed and which ones I need to do going forward. I just wish I was wise enough not to have started doing the flight controls before starting on the wiring. I have already completed all known tank, wing and fuselage service bulletins. Now to get that next Van's order together.

I found this thread trying to figure out how to get the wires down the control stick which I will tackle once I get back into the garage.

Having all the plans on CD is a God Send.

Back