What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Road trip Germany and Austria

togaflyer

Well Known Member
I have an upcoming trip to Germany and Austria. I’m looking for any interesting places to go. So far I have found Hanger 7 (Red Bull) Salzburg Airport, Zeppelin Museum in Friedrichshafen. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

From where to where are you driving?!
Roughly along which route?

Lots of stuff to see... But you need to be a bit more precise in places and time, I'm afraid...
Speyer & Sinsheim have some nice technical museums. Vienna has a nice technical museum, too.
Lucerne hosts the Swiss museum of transport, Dubendorf the Swiss air force Museum, not clear whether Switzerland is an option or not? (Since you seem to think about Friedrichshafen).
The Aero Exhibition at Friedrichshafen in April is quite awesome, but only a few days from April 17-April 20...
Stuttgart (Porsche, Mercedes), Ingolstadt (Audi) and Munich (BMW) have a host of automobile museums...
And so forth.

..... Zeppelin Museum in Friedrichshafen. ..........

If you're going to Friedrichshafen, then book a flight on a Zeppelin! The flights fill up, so schedule it in advance. We did a 1-hour ride in 2018 and it was one of the highlights of the trip. That and two laps on the Nürburgring with the rental car.

EUR_17-07-18_128 sm.jpg

Thanks for the responses. Flying into Munich and three weeks with a rental car. My first draft plan is down to Croatia (met with friends) up to Vienna (make wife happy), Berchtesgaden, Friedrichshafen, then North maybe up around Stuggart area or ??. We usually do two nights at each place and try to avoid the mass tourist areas. And very flexible with most of the schedule.

We go to Germany (Bavaria) and Austria for the ambiance, ie scenery and to relax. Plus we never pass up a Bäckerei.

Are you and/or your frau into that?

Yes we plan to do a lot of hiking to help offset the beer and food. Small towns, nature, with a few museum.

Back