What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Remote Comm Radios Shelf Location

Scottish Pete

I'm New Here
Does anyone have pictures of the tray or other mounting brackets they used to stack two Garmin GTR-20 comm radios and GMA-245R audio panel behind the RV-8 instrument panel? What did you attach things to? I realize the GMA-245R has to be mounted facing certain directions per the installation manual.
I have a 10.6” Garmin G3X mounted 1” off center in the instrument panel with a GNX-375 next to it on the left side (looking forward) with a GMC-507 autopilot panel below it.
Pete Cowper
Visalia Municipal Airport

Attachments

• IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 46
I was considering the GMA-245R and GTR-20 as well, but have you thought about how you would change radios if your display unit broke? I was thinking about trying to add an audio panel somewhere along one of the edges, but that's largely theoretical since I'm well away from avionics yet in my build.

I made an L shaped shelf between F-802N and F-802 T ( the two cross braces behind the panel)

I was considering the GMA-245R and GTR-20 as well, but have you thought about how you would change radios if your display unit broke? I was thinking about trying to add an audio panel somewhere along one of the edges, but that's largely theoretical since I'm well away from avionics yet in my build.
I made an access panel in the front baggage compartment bulkhead to get to the back of the instrument panel.

Attachments

• IMG_5914.JPG
    IMG_5914.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5915.JPG
    IMG_5915.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 22
Back