What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear seat dimensions

JwWright57

Well Known Member
Hi all,

What are the dimensions for the rear passenger area? Also, has anyone removed the rear seat/stick and used it as a one person and baggage?

I don't have the dimensions at hand but to your second question; oh yeah!

20230904_070644-600x450.jpg

It can vary a little..

Hi Jeff,
I see your in CLT..I'm not too far from you (8A7 Twin Lakes)if you want a personal tour of the RV-4. I can give you exacting dimensions later today when I get home if you need. The RV-4 can be "customized" to extend the compartment, however the -4 is very sensitive to getting tail heavy if you are talking weight vs. bulk size. I don't ever need to remove the aft stick in mine, but know a few folks that have theirs removed all the time. I can remove the seat bottom and back in about 30 seconds in the event I need to carry something sizable. Not sure what your trying to fit...bicycle or golf clubs could be a stretch without extending the per plans metal compartment. Some folks have made a "windsock" fishing rod tube that passes through the bulkhead which is on my list to do one of these days. I flew solo to OSH a few years ago, and had tent,chair,air mattress, food,3 bags of stuff, 2 cases of beer and tools..looked much like YellerDaisy's, but used the back seat to hold the massive duffel bag full off the beer and heavy stuff strapped in with the 4 point harness.

Back