What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Propeller blades

Bravo mike

I'm New Here
Patron
I'm looking to see if anyone is running the F7666A-4 blades on an RV hub (as built by a prop shop in Oregon).
I know that the prop recommended by Van's for the RV6 (which mine is) is a HC-C2YR-1BF/F7663-4 and the one I've seen for sale by this prop shop is a HC-C2YR-1BF/F7666A-4 and they say it is popular in the RV community and uses blades off a Piper Apache.
Does anyone have any information on this combination?
I appreciate any comments and this is my first post so please excuse me if I'm not putting this in the right forum.
Cheers, Bill (Bravo Mike)

That is what I am putting on my -7. I got it from another RV-8 and it was a great prop for that plane. Gives up a few mph probably but it is a great prop for the money.

It depends on which engine you have on your -6. The 7666 blades are designed for an O-360, probably came off an old Mooney, the 7663 is a thinner, smaller chord blade which was designed for the O-320, in fact as far as I know this is the only blade Hartzell recommends for the O-320.

The HC-C2YR-1BF will not physically not fit on a 320 engine. It is an "R" flange propeller (HC-C2YR-1BF - "R" is the flange). The "R" flange uses 1/2 mounting hardware and the specified propeller is an "L" flange (HC-C2YL-1BF) which uses 7/16 mounting hardware.

Hartzell also has no application that uses F7666 blades on a 320 engine.

Kevin I got hartzell HC-2YL-1BF/F7663-4 that I had a prop strike hartzell in aus tell me it’s not repairable I just don’t believe this it’s RV9A why can’t a repair kit put in hub and new blades put on
Thanks

If the blades are bent beyond repair due to the prop strike, the hub is scrap as well. No reputable prop shop will swap out blades that are bent beyond repair and install new or serviceable blades in that hub.

Back