What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Portland / Vancouver Hangar info wanted

drdestructo

I'm planning on moving up to the gorge next spring and am looking for hangar options. As hood river is tough to get a hangar, I'm thinking of Troutdale or Pearson.

Question for locals....Which has more relaxed hangar rules regarding having your shop set up and some stuff stored as well as your plane. Pearson seems pretty relaxed, but I think I'd rather locate at TTD. Anyone have any experience at either?

I'd probably do a long term rental and possibly sublet in winter while flying south.

Russ
HRII

If you?re in Vancouver Pearson is the very best place to be, however if you?re in Hood River then TTD is a lot closer for you, I think less expensive too. As for relaxed, Pearson is very good for us experimental guys, you can build or finish your plane in your hanger (no painting) and do you?re maintenance in you hanger. If you had a certified plane it?s not so good, no owner assisted annuals or any sort of commercial activity of any kind in the hangers meaning you can?t hire anyone to come and perform any maintenance or inspections of any kind in the hangers. I don?t know how relaxed TTD is.

Good info. Hope to hear from someone at TTD. Sounds like TTD is a bit less home builder friendly. But, so is the Washington tax department!

Russ

Prineville, ore. had Thangers at less than 200 last summer. There is an active EAA chapter too. If things work out for me Ill be taking my 6A there next summer looking for hanger.

Where are you planning to live? If you are going to live in or around Hood river, you could also look at The Dalles (Columbia Gorge Regional).

Tim

Planning to live near hood river. Troutdale works best, but they are a bit crazy about tools, working on your plane, storing stuff, etc. The Dalles is too Far East for me.

Russ

Hi Russ

We own some hangars at TTD and rent them out. There are several hangar owners on the airport, I am not sure if all are the same as far as rules go.

In our hangars you can store an airplane, do routine maintenance, ( no painting) and also store other stuff in the hangar, but there needs to be an airplane in there at least.

You can contact my partner manager Don at [email protected] for information.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

I've been based at TTD for years with my Long-EZ and RV on the south side "Hanger City". Never had or seen any issues. East wind can be a bugger in the winter/spring, but so is Hood River & The Dalles. There are currently hangers available at TTD. All the hangers face North/South

New portland hangers to be built

New CUSTOM hangers are in the planning stages at KHIO Hillsboro airport if any pilot want special design (size, water, heat, office space etc.) email me anytime.

Back