What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picasa Web Albums

RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
Maybe this is old news, but I thought some of you might find this interesting or useful...

Google has released a new feature (in beta) for their Picasa photo management software, called Picasa Web Albums. I allows you to upload albums of pictures directly from the Picasa software storing and sharing them online. They give you 250MB free but you can buy 6GB for $25 a year. I downloaded the newest version of Picasa (beta) and tried it out... the web album feature is pretty cool and very easy to use. As an example, I have uploaded the pictures I took during a SportAir workshop last year as a public album which you can test drive here. You can navigate through individual pictures or even launch a pretty slick slide show feature.

EDIT: I should have said so earlier, but more info can be found here... http://picasaweb.google.com/
Please note, this new feature is only available in the new beta version of Picasa, not the current public release, and is available only to those with a Gmail account. If you do not have a gmail account and want one, you can sign up by mobile phone, or PM me and I will send you an invitation.

Last edited:
And....

And.... If have a blog on say blogger.com you can use Picasa to upload pictures directly to your blog. I've used in the past - it works pretty slick.

Ryan

Back