What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Painting the canopy

Larco

Well Known Member
A question came up the other day regarding painting a wide stripe on a canopy. So what is a proper primer, paint and prep for the job? Concern about all the products that damage the plexiglass leaves questions. We would appreciate any input from the experts. Thanks, Larry

A question came up the other day regarding painting a wide stripe on a canopy. So what is a proper primer, paint and prep for the job? Concern about all the products that damage the plexiglass leaves questions. We would appreciate any input from the experts. Thanks, Larry
I painted the top of my canopy in 1994. It still looks great today. I tried many primers to no avail. Finally found what works. Scuff the area to be painted with Scotch-Brite, and paint directly with polyurethane paint and no primer. I used JetGlo.

I painted the top of my canopy in 1994. It still looks great today. I tried many primers to no avail. Finally found what works. Scuff the area to be painted with Scotch-Brite, and paint directly with polyurethane paint and no primer. I used JetGlo.
Thanks Mel!

Back