What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

??? on probes again...

JDanno

Well Known Member
Okay! Sooo, the stock block has various probes (water temp., oil pressure, etc.) going to the ECU. Would it work okay to splice into the wiring right after the probe and then run the wires to the EFIS so that the various functions can be monitored on the EFIS??? Would it degrade the signal output to where the ECU would have trouble reading it? I know that on the oxygen sensor I've seen where that can be done but nothing on the others. What do you think??:confused: The alternate would be to install a second set of probes run to the EFIS which is doable. But I want to avoid if possible. Thanks, Dan

Temp sensors, not easily - you'll change the bias of the signal going into the ECU. Most 0-5v sensors (Throttle Position, sometimes Cam or Crank position also) sensors usually CAN be shared, but might need a pullup resistor if there is too much current drain on the sensor.

Seperate is good. Sharing the sensor data from the engine control with a monitor means potenetial new problems with engine control.
Engine control is nearly as important as flight control.
Separate sensors wouldn't be much heavier, if available mountings exist on the engine for them...Try to limit the number of critical failure sources.

Back