What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Member in Arlington Area

deepjet

I'm New Here
A little about myself:
Born in Quincy Washington in 1968.
Worked at a local crop duster as a flagger in High school. Discovered the RV's.
Went to Big Bend Community for A&P. A&P in 1989.
Worked at a few FBO's including Grays Harbor Flight in Aberdeen Washington and Cub Crafters in Yakima Washington.
Moved to big jets in 1997 at BFGoodrich Aerospace as a Structures Lead Mechanic.
Obtained my USCG 100ton masters lic. in 2001.
Started Deep Sea Charters in 2003. Sold Deep Sea Charters in 2007 $$$.
Started private pilot training (January 20th 2007)
Decided to fulfill a longtime dream of building an RV.
Spotted a couple of RV's at the Arlington air port on Saturday 21st 2007 which brings me here.

I would like to talk about your aircraft. I have most weekdays and weekends off.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 360-661-6101

Blackjack Sqdron usually meets on weekends at the Taildragger restaurant. 1100 Am. T

here are about 30 plus RV'S, flying and building on the field...Your source for info.
CU there... RB

30 RV's ??? WOW

It took me a few minutes to realize that you said 30 RV's. Please forgive my newbie-ness but that is very exciting. Hope to see you there; I?ll be the one with a dazed look on his face.:)

Arlington EAA Chapter?

Richard L Bentley said:
Blackjack Sqdron usually meets on weekends at the Taildragger restaurant. 1100 Am. T

here are about 30 plus RV'S, flying and building on the field...Your source for info.
CU there... RB

Hi Richard, that's great to know. I'm just about to order my empennage kit (deciding which one has been the hold up...either 7 or 9).

Follow-up question, is there an EAA chapter based out of Arlington? (I don't recall seeing an Arlington chapter on the EAA site.

Thank in advance.

Jeff Hundley

EAA Chapter, close to Arlington, WA

Well, there IS an EAA Chapter CLOSE to Arlington, just up the road at Skagit Regional (Bayview), KBVS. EAA Chapter 818 meets in the Port terminal building, second Saturday of the month (ie. this coming Sat., 10 Feb.) at 10 am. Several RV builders/flyers there.
NOTE: Skagit Regional will again be the site of the Tulip Fly-In (held in conjunction with the area Tulip Festival) on Saturday 28 April 2007.
See you there.

Doug Seward
Seattle area
RV-4, wings

Thanks very much for the info Doug. I am out of town this weekend but will get to one of the 818 meetings as soon as I am able. Will definitely plan on getting out to the Tulip Fly-In.

Jeff Hundley
Edmonds, WA
RV7 empennage (ordered about 2 hours ago :)

EAA Chapter

Actually Jeff, a closer one might be Chapter 84. They meet at the Snohomish (Harvey) Airport at 7:00 pm 2nd Tuesday of each month. It's in the white hanger just west of the resturaunt.

Last edited:
Thanks Frank...FYI, I know there is also a relatively new Seattle Eastside area chapter (1440). I'm planning to hit all of these initially to meet builders and get a feel for RV activity in the surrounding areas....and at some point hopefully get to take a ride or two so as to keep the motivation levels high!

Cheers
Jeff Hundley

Back