What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jabiru 5100

Has anyone considered the Jabiru 5100 powerplant for an RV? We're working on a -7 and are trying to decide which engine to go with. It produces 170hp so it sounds competitive with the 360 series. We're no where near FWF stuff yet, but it's just a thought. Since this is an 8 cyl. direct drive engine I looked up the length of it and it's 37.79", only four inches or so longer than a traditional 360 cu. in. would it fit? Plus, they're very attractive :rolleyes:
Jabiru5500-180hp.jpg

Hope they don't get any cross-firing with all of thos sparky leads tied closely together; maybe that's just for the showroom and not on the plane.

hmmm...revisited the web site (U.S.). They don't show the engine listed but on the price sheet they list it for $29,500.

Bob

Price Range

Wow, I was looking online at these engines and found one that sold for $14k brand new in the crate. I had no idea they sored up towards the $30k range. Looks like we'll be going the 320-360 route, injected though definitely. Thanks for the replies!

You may like to look at the Spitfire Mk26 that was designed specifically for this engine and review the operating experiences of those owners.

Pete

Back