What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing multiple LEMO jacks

Rallylancer122

Well Known Member
If installing multiple LEMO jacks, say 4 jacks in a -10, is it permissible to power them with one circuit breaker, or does each jack need their own cb?

If installing multiple LEMO jacks, say 4 jacks in a -10, is it permissible to power them with one circuit breaker, or does each jack need their own cb?
It's permissible to power all 4 using one CB, per instruction sheet w/ A20's - each headset should have a 1/4amp fuse or 1/2amp CB, when I did my plane I used a 1amp CB for two headsets, I'm sure a 2amp will work fine. The CB provided power is for the noise cancelling portion & blue tooth interface, Mic power is provided by either the audio panel or radio it's connected to (not from the headset CB). If the single CB pops then ALL headsets will revert to NON-Noise Cancelling operation with No Blue Tooth.
Best of luck.

I have a 2A mini ATO fuse running 4 LEMOs.

I thought about a 1A but decided that the fuse is there to protect the wire not the device so no point risking it dropping out in flight due to current draw (highly unlikely admittedly)

I don’t keep batteries in my headsets just have a set in the seat back for Justin.

The fuse or cb should be sized to protect the wire connecting the socket rather than the equipment plugged into the socket. 3A on 22awg is fine. All on one fuse of cb is fine.
Having said that there are some who recommend a separate cb for each headset.

Back