What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ignition wire baffle grommet

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Sticker shock hit when I was looking for a 2 wire baffle grommet. $87 for 2 plastic grommets didn’t agree with my sense of reasonable. So I rolled my own with a little baffle seal and scrap aluminum.

A slit between the screw hole and the wire hole allows the spark plug boot through.

Thought it was worth sharing for those that are having the same visceral reaction.

Attachments

• IMG_6538.jpeg
    IMG_6538.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1521.png
    IMG_1521.png
    770.5 KB · Views: 75
Sticker shock hit when I was looking for a 2 wire baffle grommet. $87 for 2 plastic grommets didn’t agree with my sense of reasonable. So I rolled my own with a little baffle seal and scrap aluminum.

A slit between the screw hole and the wire hole allows the spark plug boot through.

Thought it was worth sharing for those that are having the same visceral reaction.
I had the same reaction "how did they come up with that?!" and thanks for sharing your solution.

An engine pulled from a Piper Cherokee had these grommets, so that's another simple and inexpensive DIY option.
20240306_083851.jpg

Attaboy. Thanks for sharing.

For those that have a set of hole punches, that's another good option for putting holes in material like that which is sandwiched between those twoplates.

I am surprised that someone has not come up with a 3D printed version of that $87 part.

Started on VAF. RVPlasticparts.com. They are a little rough, but work fine. He has a lot of other useful stuff for RVs

Back