What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I need a reference!!!!!

PerfTech

Well Known Member
I need to find a shop that would be interested in making some parts in quantity for me. The part very closely resembles a front gear leg faring for an "A" model R/V. The weight, construction, finish and size are practically identical with only some minor changes in size. After a first article inspection, the first order would be 25 to 50 pieces with monthly repeated orders of the same or larger quantity.
If you can make a suggestion or refer me to someone who makes this type of production parts it would be greatly appreciated. We need parts ASAP to continue with our project. Regards, Alllan

Feather Lite

Try Larry Lombard at FeatherLite. They make composite cowls, landing gear legs, wheel well closeout parts, etc. for the Long-EZ and Cozy

Email: [email protected]
1327 South State Street, Airport
Ukiah, CA 95482
(707) 462-2939

Your area

Hey Alan,

Lots of fiberglass fab places in your area. I'll check with a friend and see if he is still doing glass production.

Are you going to provide the molds?

Bob Snedegar at Fairings etc. might be interested.

I would prefer the company that makes the parts, build the tooling as that would assure it is done to there liking. I will pay all cost of tooling etc. I really appreciate all the help. Allan

There was a thread not too long ago where a guy was making new wing tips, and center console.

He is in Sun City, so really fairly close to you. Has a business making composite stuff.

You can probably find him by doing a search.

Tom Copp at Composite Specialties

Darwin,

Are you talking about Tom Copp? He's down in Costa Mesa, does excellent work and loves doing piece work like this.

Alan, Give Tom a call.

Composite Specialties
Tom Copp (949)645-7032

Hey Alan,

Lots of fiberglass fab places in your area. I'll check with a friend and see if he is still doing glass production.

Are you going to provide the molds?

Bob Snedegar at Fairings etc. might be interested.

Big Thank's!!!!!!!

Wow! You guys really stepped up and gave me a lot of information in a big hurry.
I actually have an appointment with one of the people you pointed me to on Monday.
Thank you all for the great Leeds. Regards,Allan:D

Hi Allan,

We can also do those parts very affordably at MotoPOD. Perhaps we can discuss your project in a little more detail and provide you with a free estimate.

David Shelton, 847-651-4373

Back