What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I Cheated-Received my Panel from Aerotronics Recently

Gary Baker

Well Known Member
I've been a lurker for the past year and have been greatly impressed by the knowledge and willingness to pass on info to others. I've been building a -6 on and off, mostly off, for the past twelve years, but am back into working on it. I contracted with Aerotronics in Billings, MT, last fall to build my panel, based upon the recommendation of another builder. I received the panel last month and now can't wait to get it installed. Here's a photo of it:

I've got nothing but kudos for Aerotronics. They were very helpful from the start of the process to checking up on ensuring that there were no problems with delivery.

For those interested, here's the link to some close-ups of the panel, as well as photos of my rotating fuselage stand, that I copied from other iterations seen on this forum. http://picasaweb.google.com/bakerfamilyenator

Gary Baker
Medina, OH
RV-6 Fuselage

Ditto

Gary,
Ditto for Aerotronics. I sincerely hope you get your plane flying and enjoy your dash goodies. It has been a dream for me and now I'm living the dream! I personally worked with Jason Smith whom knows his radio's. Keep at it, it's worth it!!
Kenny Gene

Congratulations...

..on the panel. Must be exciting. You need to come over to richfield and check out my -7, or invite me over to see your -6 :D

Looks good!

Gary, looks good. I have something for you - as thanks for the nibbler - which, btw, I used that day to cut out the main gear holes in the bottome fuse.

Build on!

Rick 90432

I can't agree more about Aerotronics. Their panel may be the best part of my aircraft (though my new engine from Superior is crowding that assessment;)). Not only was the design assistance first-rate but the support has been great and everything so far has worked as I've hooked it up. I paid them a visit during the assembly of my panel and they were friendly and very helpful. It's been money very well spent.

Yep, the staff (Jason, Gary, and Isaac) at Aerotronics did a great job for me. They matched the panel paint to the chip I sent them. They found something wrong during the bench-tests with one of the Dynon screens, so took care of that before sending me the panel. I highly recommend them for anyone considering that route!

Aerotronics customer service

Gary,

I bought my 6A from an estate and really loved the Aerotronics panel. After a couple long trips I wanted to add an input jack so I could listen to my MP3 player.
After studying the wonderful schematics package from Aerotronics, I found out the panel was already wired for a stereo intercom input but it was never installed by the builder (it was barely out of Phase 1 when I bought it). I verified the harness connector was indeed under the panel, tied back.
I called Aerotronics and inquired about getting the other end that would connect to the existing wiring. The guy I talked with had worked with my builder when he ordered the panel and didn't know he was deceased.
They shipped me the harness, complete with the stereo minijack so all I had to do was connect it, drill a hole in my panel for the jack, and plug in the MP3 and enjoy! No charge, even for shipping!
Great service after the fact! Enjoy your panel!

Back to work

Hey Gary,

Welcome back aboard. Looks like you are now ahead of me in our "leap frog" building experience. I guess I had better get back to work.....I have have had another long hiatus.

I have hung my engine and now I am working on my instrument panel....slowly....

If you get down to SNF call me.

Back