What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston area monthly lunch (June 2023)

N546RV

Well Known Member
Hey folks - with the third Saturday approaching, I wanted to throw an option out. I'm planning on taking the Helio Courier to the BBQ fly-in at Giddings this Saturday, and I figured I'd get some input on whether people are interested in meeting up out there...or if you'd rather get together somewhere air-conditioned like Hooks or Lake Jackson. Weather is looking promising for Saturday, but it's gonna be a hot one.

I'll look for input here and get a finalized decision by Thursday.

Uhh, say what? Helio Courier?? Now that’s just cool! Post a pic or two…

And a BBQ fly-in at Giddings, it’s been 10-15 years since they last did that; glad to see it back. I’m out of town, or else I’d be there.

Yeah, this got donated to the Waller County Aviation Museum (which makes us sound a lot more official than we really are) back in 2021. Finally got it flying regularly last year, now we're trying to get it out to as many fly-ins as possible. It's an...interesting...airplane for sure.

oG6fIfKl.jpg

My plane is down for condition inspection so won't be able to fly to Giddings. See you next month.

I'd vote for Giddings. I'm not sure I can make it. There are forces outside of my control trying to take away my Saturday right now. If I can come I'll be there.

OK, Giddings it is. Maybe Bjorn can give Jim a list now that he's got a plane and a certificate! :)

Official start time is noon, which is probably what time I'll plan on arriving. Hopefully there's some indoor/shaded seating so we don't all die...

wxGjl4t.jpg

OK, Giddings it is. Maybe Bjorn can give Jim a list now that he's got a plane and a certificate! :)

Official start time is noon, which is probably what time I'll plan on arriving. Hopefully there's some indoor/shaded seating so we don't all die...

Funny you wrote that as I had the same idea.

Jim: I plan to leave around 11 am from KTME. Let me know if you want to check out the Grumman!

Hi Bjorn, Thanks for the offer which I will accept. I'll be at the reception area around 10:30 which hangar are you in?

Great.
T-107. We’ll drive over to the hangar, plenty of chances for pursuing heatstroke later in the day.

Back