What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High fuel pressure

vmaxrv7

Patron
I have an RV-10 with 47 hours total time with a RSA-5AD1 fuel servo. On the ground with engine running, electric boost pump on or off, fuel pressure is normal. Airborne when the boost pump is turned off, the pressure varies between 30-50 psi along with variations in fuel flow. When the pump is turned on, the fuel pressure is normal.

Before installing the engine, it was pickled per Lycoming and was stored for a few years. After about 30 hours we did have an ignition wire issue, except for that if has been trouble free and runs great.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? I'm going to start with looking for loose connections and clean the injectors. Next, I may T a direct gauge to see if the indicator is accurate. Before I go the expensive route, I'd like to rule out the not-so-obvious but easy fixes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have an RV-10 with 47 hours total time with a RSA-5AD1 fuel servo. On the ground with engine running, electric boost pump on or off, fuel pressure is normal. Airborne when the boost pump is turned off, the pressure varies between 30-50 psi along with variations in fuel flow. When the pump is turned on, the fuel pressure is normal.

Do those variations in fuel flow (and pressure) correlate to throttle settings?

Back