What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Has anyone tried that Tripltek * PRO Tablet

donaziza

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried connecting the Garmin GDL 39 antenna to the Tripltek * PRO Tablet

Hey guys, my Nexus 9 doesn't work any more. ( I use Garmin Pilot) Has any one tried that Tripltek 8 PRO?? It says it has 1200 nits, a measure of brightness for out in the bright sun, with our bubble canopies.:confused:

Thanx Much

Last edited:
Ask adventure Pilot about the new 9 tripletec. It will have serial out NMEA for your AP. Believe it is brighter than than the 8 and a better battery. They are now on Adventure Pilot site. Also available with a cradle mount with all the wire captured in a pin plug like G.

The new iPhone has 2000 nits. Just something to compare with.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 3.38.47 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 3.38.47 PM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 31
Ask adventure Pilot about the new 9 tripletec. It will have serial out NMEA for your AP. Believe it is brighter than than the 8 and a better battery. They are now on Adventure Pilot site. Also available with a cradle mount with all the wire captured in a pin plug like G.

I have just started using the Tripltek 9. Very bright. Seems to work fine, but early in my use . I also use Adventure Pilot software. My understanding is their new android tablet is NOT the tripltek.

I have just started using the Tripltek 9. Very bright. Seems to work fine, but early in my use. I also use Adventure Pilot software. My understanding is their new android tablet is NOT the tripltek.

There a good bit of discussion on the Adventure Pilot Forum. Nor sure it's called a PRO or not but it is the tripltek 9 tablet. This was the one they had at OSH to introduce the new device for AP. Now don't know if it may have some features offered thru AP that are not standard but the pictures look identical. The promise by Walter at AP is that the serial out NMEA will be programmed into the iFly EFB by 1 qtr 24..

I have just started using the Tripltek 9. Very bright. Seems to work fine, but early in my use . I also use Adventure Pilot software. My understanding is their new android tablet is NOT the tripltek.

Hi Roger, I just started playing with my new Tripltec 9 PRO here at home. Nothing seems to work right. ( I'm using Garmin Pilot--maybe you're using ForeFlight??) ( Ok, I see above you're using "Adventure Pilot"?? not Garmin Pilot?? Never heard of that one,) Like for instance, when I hit "airport info", it shows a totally different airport from what's on the flight plan

Remember, when you're flying a trip, there was that little horizontal "slider" thingy on the bottom of the screen, that showed where you actually were on your trip? That's totally gone. Etc Etc:eek:

I'll try calling Garmin pilot. You got any words of wisdom??

Can't speak to either Garmin or Foreflight. I use IFly EFB, from Adventure Pilot. It's mainly a VFR program. Works fine with my android tablet, Tripltek 9. They have versions for their 'older' proprietary hardware called the iFly 740 and previous versions. Also versions for Windows, Apple, and Android. For flight planning, in addition to Leidos FSS, I use the windows version on a laptop, or android on my phone. In flight, the Tripltek 9.

Hi Roger, I just started playing with my new Tripltec 9 PRO here at home. Nothing seems to work right. ( I'm using Garmin Pilot--maybe you're using ForeFlight??) ( Ok, I see above you're using "Adventure Pilot"?? not Garmin Pilot?? Never heard of that one,) Like for instance, when I hit "airport info", it shows a totally different airport from what's on the flight plan

Remember, when you're flying a trip, there was that little horizontal "slider" thingy on the bottom of the screen, that showed where you actually were on your trip? That's totally gone. Etc Etc:eek:

I'll try calling Garmin pilot. You got any words of wisdom??

Try it free for 30 days.... https://iflygps.com/

Unable to connect my new tripltek to my Garmin GDL 39

Got a new Tripltek 9 question for you guys ---- if anyone is flying Garmin Pilot.
Went out to the plane today to make sure I could connect the Tripltek to my GDL 39 Garmin antenna. Guess what? I can't get it to connect to save my life.

Yeah, I made sure the little green and blue lights were flashing on the GDL 39. Looked up "GDL 39" on the drop down menu on the Tripltek. Its there, but darned if it will connect. Oh, and also, I made sure the bluetooth was turned on on the Tripltek.

Anybody got any ideas before I try calling Garmin, and Tripltek??
( Its Saturday night, so noone will answer the phone there.)

Back