What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR200 (w/intercom) & GNC430

blaplante

Well Known Member
I suspect I'm not going to like the answer to this question. Hoping for good luck ;)

Situation:
Airplane has GTR200 installed and is using the built in intercom.
Wanting to add GNC430.
So desire to connect the 430 COM up so can listen / transmit on either radio.

Ah. Well for receive, can certainly wire the 430 to the GTR200 AUX input...
Issue #1 - to listen to the 430, turn up it's volume (or have a switch in the AUX input). But, how to turn *down* the GTR200 so can hear the 430? Seems impossible.

For transmit - new problem. Sure, can run a PTT toggle switch and choose to send PTT to the GTR200 or the GNC430... but ONLY with ONE PTT line. So restricted to transmit (on the 430) via the Pilot side only. Ugh.

Oh, yeah, 90% of you are jumping to say - put in an audio panel. Yes, that's the "right" solution. It also ups the expense. Also there is no room in the current panel layout to put one in. :( Hence hoping there's another option. Or some kind of minimalist remote audio panel?

New Question

Thanks Avanza... that was nearly what I originally was going to do. In fact that mixer you linked is already in hand. But - that schematic doesn't cover the intercom.

All: question about how the GTR200 AUX input operates! From the manual you can set the AUX volume within the setup screens. Does this mean that the AUX input volume is independent of the main volume knob?

Back