What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Altimeter settings not saving during test box calibration, 0, 10k, 20k

TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
Has any of you done an altimeter calibration with the latest software? We tested mine yesterday and GSU 2 did not pass at the lower altitude so we recalibrated both to get them perfect. Trouble is neither one would save the calibration. Garmin says they need to replace the GSU’s but to me it is a saving issue in the software. All my equipment is new. My set up is 3-G3x touch screens with 2 GSU and a G5. I have been down for the winter building the New panel so hopefully they will send me new ones before I send mine back to avoid down time if that is the route we need to go. If we know others have done the calibration with the latest software I can rule that out.

I just did one the other day with same setup newest SW, calibrated no problem.

Thanks Walt. Sounds like it must be the GSU’s.
I’ve done a ton of G3X calibrations and never had that problem, my bet is something else in the testing or a system leak is causing the issue. The AHRS requires a very stable source while it’s doing its thing or it will fault the procedure .

I’ve done a ton of G3X calibrations and never had that problem, my bet is something else in the testing or a system leak is causing the issue. The AHRS requires a very stable source while it’s doing its thing or it will fault the procedure .

The unit will tell you if you are not holding it steady. If it says success and then nothing changes with altimeter height after reboot, that’s not test equipment IMO. My leak rate was 10. The system is tight.

I have been down for the winter building the New panel so hopefully they will send me new ones before I send mine back to avoid down time if that is the route we need to go.
Garmin has replaced my G5 twice, both times sent me new units b4 needing to send back defective unit.

Back