What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

formation videos

Marc DeGirolamo

Well Known Member
I am looking for some good RV formation video to download for a "Formation Flying" presentation that I am giving on Tuesday night.....does anyone have anything I might be able to download ?? or know where I might find something...thanks

Marc DeGirolamo
RV-4...learning formation

Marc,

Here is a short simple one of us flying in formation with an -8.

It is a great example of what not to do because after the -8 turned on his smoke with us in trail, I purposfully pulled up into the smoke and got bounced around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76VtERSZa4E

BTW, the plane doing the fly-by at the start is the Giles 202 known as "Primeval Fear".

Bill...thanks it is a good video....Is there a trick to downloading from Youtube ?? I just can't seem to be able to do it.....?
Marc
Marc,

All I could do was download the low res version. There has to be a way to download the high res version but I don't know how to do that.

BTW, at the beginning of the flick we are climbing out and you can see the end of our 2300 foot runway slide under the nose. Notice how high we are with all of 135 HP, full fuel, and two men on board.

Grab video

There are several tools you can use. I used 'Orbit' which is an downloading add-in for Explorer 7. It worked great for both versions.

You can also 'do the google' and look for 'YouTube video download' to find other tools.

Video's

Thanks to all of you that sent me links..... there is some great RV stuff out there.......All the ones I use in my presentation will get special mention...thanks again

Marc DeGirolamo
C-FRVE...RV-4
Flying....~400hrs

Back