What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying into Tigard/Tualitin area - recommendations?

DakotaHawk

Well Known Member
I'll be flying into Tigard/Tualitin area this coming weekend to visit my in-laws. I have several choices of airports, and they are all almost exactly the same distance from the in-laws, so I'm looking for recommendations.

I can fly into Aurora (home of Van's), Sportsman, or Stark Twin Oaks. I'll be staying over Saturday night, so I'm looking for parking or maybe even some hangar space. I'll also be refueling after flying in from Provo, UT on Saturday and returning to Arlington, WA on Sunday.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Those are all nice airports. I don't know of any hangar space at those, but maybe someone else will chime in with a offer. My fav out of your choices would be twin oaks I think.

If I had space in my hangar I would offer it to you for a night. I'm at pearson.

where

I'd vote for Starks Twin Oaks! They might even be able to find you a hangar.
Low key, good folks. Price of fuel usually pretty good.

Scott, I can fit you in my hangar

At 7S9, 3 miles SE of Aurora. Will need to coordinate the time as I will be flying to Grants Pass for there fly-in on Saturday.

Kent
(503) 6 2 7 - 4 0 4 5

Slow reply...

I've learned a very important tool to pack for the next time I travel. It's an iPhone charger! I've been on the road (in the sky) since Tuesday morning, and my Internet access gave out on Wednesday! Finally got the iPhone on a borrowed charger today!

After looking at locations and driving directions, Sportsman looks like the winner!

Thanks for those who sent info - gotta love the valuable knowledge to be shared here!

Very Nice folks there

I've learned a very important tool to pack for the next time I travel. It's an iPhone charger! I've been on the road (in the sky) since Tuesday morning, and my Internet access gave out on Wednesday! Finally got the iPhone on a borrowed charger today!

After looking at locations and driving directions, Sportsman looks like the winner!

Thanks for those who sent info - gotta love the valuable knowledge to be shared here!

The owners/operators of the FBO are very nice folks. You might want to call in advance and check on tie down space. I believe there is plenty of room in the grass but there really isnt a paved ramp as I remember. You might need anchors and tie down gear.

Kind of late now....

Its kind of late now, but there is generally space available in a hangar for transient aircraft on Lenhardt Airpark (7S9). Both in my hangar (Larson Aero) & in Airhaven's Hangar (www.airhaven.net). My space is $20 a night for an RV, and I think Airhaven's space is $10 (unheated, no security). There aren't any tie-downs on the ramp for overnight, but something can usually be worked out by calling ahead to Airhaven or My own shop. I'd be glad to try and coordinate things for a VAF member given some notice.

Back