What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Final Report: RV-7A Accident

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:
The pilot’s impairment due to the effects of ethanol,

That's why I use Non-Ethanol fuel when I can. :cool::cool:
Ouch!!!
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:
The pilot’s impairment due to the effects of ethanol,

That's why I use Non-Ethanol fuel when I can. :cool::cool:

.172 - nice.... Pilot was "gutentanked"

"If you're gonna be drinkin', ya gotta be eatin'!" - Breakfast hostess at our hotel morning of the Kentucky Derby :)
Befroe drug alcohol testing this used to be a significant problem in 135 and even 121 pilots. I rode form the airport hotel to the terminal with a crew that were probably not fit to fly. There was a period, I think in the late 80's, when a Northwest Pilot got caught. lots of negative press. The Lauderdale paper did an editorial cartoon with the Capt holding a big mug of beer. The caption was the Flight Attendant announcing: "Don't worry about the Captain, he's a big husky Scandinvian boy who can really hold his booze". "As the prop turns".

I thought it is funny from the interview of the pilot:

"The pilot reported that he had not eaten that day but had consumed one beer while in Dallas. He recalled consuming additional alcoholic beverages in the airplane on the flight back to Huntsville but recalled nothing after the airplane crossed into Mississippi."

Maybe somebody didn't want the FAA ramp inspector to find open bottles after landing.

I wonder how much he drinks when he is not flying. If you can not go without a drink for the period that you are flying an airplane.....

Back