What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Final Payment Request Going Out!

Brantel

Well Known Member
Seems some are starting to receive requests for final payment for kit orders. Looks like we are off bottom dead center.

Just received request for final payment for RV14 emp kit
New builder in Sweden wondering if there is any difference in timing for international v domestic orders :confused:
Guessing it doesn’t matter to vans as long as they get some USD in their account

Seems some are starting to receive requests for final payment for kit orders. Looks like we are off bottom dead center.

I got mine on Thursday and have called the mothership for status. The last I saw prior to the unfortunate event, they were saying it'd ship in June!

For those of you getting emails, when did you accept the new pricing? I’m curious if I might win the in stock kit bankruptcy lotto or not :)

For those of you getting emails, when did you accept the new pricing? I’m curious if I might win the in stock kit bankruptcy lotto or not :)

My timeline:
Ordered RV-14 wing kit 8/30/23
Modified contract 12/21 around 6am EST
Received request for final payment 12/28

For those of you getting emails, when did you accept the new pricing?

I got my email to accept new pricing in the second wave (December 20th late at night). I accepted the offer on December 21st.

Just got my email asking for my (second) final payment on my RV-14 fuselage kit. I made my first final payment in August for what was supposed to be an October crating. Made my second final payment today.

I hope I'm ahead of others who just made a 25% deposit but I doubt it. They get less money from me plus I got my portal invite after the first big batch of people accepted. Finally, I opted for Beringer brakes so that will probably be the final nail in my early delivery coffin :-(

I assume that if final payment request is received the one can expect his shipment with in 2 month time frame. Am I correct on this assumption ? :confused:

I assume that if final payment request is received the one can expect his shipment with in 2 month time frame. Am I correct on this assumption ? :confused:

That's what they've said, or at least it goes to the crating department in 2 months and takes additional time to be crated and shipped. I just double all time estimates they give and it keeps me from getting my hopes up too much.

Data Point
Ordered SB -10 Fuse in September 2022
Signed the new order 12-18-23
Nothing Yet

Before the shutdown the site had me listed as now as the expected crating window.

I ordered an RV-14 empennage, wings and QB fuselage in August, and accepted the new terms around 22-Decmeber. I received a request for final payment on the wings on 28-December. I had concerns about LCPs and missing components so I hesitated making the final payment. I spoke to Vans today and they confirmed that the wing kit will contain no LCPs and there will be five or fewer missing parts. I was told that they will not ship any kits that are short more than 5 parts. With that information in hand I plan to make my payment tonight. Obviously I have some concerns about the stability of Vans but I am super exited to being closer to starting my build.

So I confirmed on the 21st.
Got a payment request on the 28th.
Confirmed it with the mothership and paid on the 2nd.
Got a shipment notification today on the 4th.

The wheels are starting to turn again.

I paid the balance on my 14A empennage yesterday, and Vans acknowledged it today.

I guess we'll see how long it takes to get a tracking number.

Final Payment Request

Has anyone received a request for final payment related to a -10 kit? I've seen several people say they have received one, but I think they were all on -14 kits. I ordered a SB -10 Fuse kit in September 22 and agreed to the new terms on Dec 18. Crickets so far. I know Van's has a lot to work through, seems they are trying, and I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm ready for some good news.

I have not, but I have also not received any type of email asking if I want to proceed with the new terms, or not. In my case it is for a finishing kit for my RV-10. Are we supposed to initiate this?

Have you tried telling them you are ready to make the final payment? I heard there are about 1500 kits that are in various stage of order. Maybe if you let them know you are ready to make the payment, you may get to the head of the line. Vans is probably need the money from people who are ready to pay.

12iS kits going to crating

I called Van’s today to find out the status of the RV-12iS kits that I reordered immediately after receiving my portal invitation several weeks ago (emp, wing, and fuse kits were all shown as in stock). Anne at Van’s reassured me that they have the order, and she would send the Kits department a query. Less than an hour later, I received crating notification and balance payment requests for all 3 kits. Thanks, Anne!!

Last edited:
If this question was for me, I did just email them saying I was ready to commit to the purchase when they are ready.

Back