What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

earth x best use

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i have 2 earth x installed , each independant of the other. battery #2 is the oldest. right now i start engine on #2 and use it to fly. at sometime in the operation,when taxiing taxi, i switch to #1 to keep it at full charge. my logic is that i am using the oldest battery first in flight and if a battery fails in flight my backup battery is most likely the healthiest of the 2 batteries. is my logic sound? any other opinions please let me know.

If you're concerned about battery longevity consider that the "life" of a battery and it's capacity is affected by the number of charge/discharge cycles vs "age."

Personally, I'd be more concerned about the longevity of the switch & relays used to switch batteries than an actual failure of the battery, any battery -- not limited to LiFePo+.

batteries are replaced by age. wouldn't it make sense to use the battery as much as possible that will be replaced first? and that would give your ''backup'' the best life possible?

Back