What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowl Fastener Studs Needed

alanmcraig

I'm New Here
Need help finding replacement studs for my cowl fasteners. My RV-9A was build by Brian Woods in 2004 and uses a unique cowl fastener (not the standard camloc or skybolt type). Any help finding a source for the studs or suggestions for a possible supply or supplier would be very appreciated. I have checked sources at EAA Osh and all the usual aircraft material suppliers. I suspect this may be a fastener type used on Commercial aircraft since I understand the builder worked for United Airlines. The fastener receptacle has 4R41-1 Camloc stamped on the back and I believe the stud is labeled 4S4-6. Photos of the stud and receptacle attached. Please contact Alan Craig 408-309-1542, [email protected]
Update 2/24/2024 Found and purchased 6 from Foreland Aviation in South Africa. Parts search service ILS was very helpful and provided a listing of all their participating suppliers for aviation hardware that had my parts in stock. Many calls and emails later I got a confirmation from Foreland with photos and RPQ that showed the spring screw fastener I needed. Interesting example how experimental homebuilt aircraft can truly be built with unique parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0832 (1).jpg
    IMG_0832 (1).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1379 (2).jpg
    IMG_1379 (2).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0830 (1) (1).jpg
    IMG_0830 (1) (1).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0891 (2).jpg
    IMG_0891 (2).jpg