What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cape Town area airports for possible GA rental ?

flyboy393

I'm New Here
Patron
I will be going to Cape Town , South Africa for 3 weeks and would like to rent a plane for some sightseeing in the area. Any recommendations for an airport where this may be possible ? I'm a pilot but would plan on hiring an instructor or other pilot to come along and if possible bring the wife. It would be enjoyable to be in the left seat with a "coach" while sightseeing in the area. Maybe an hour max ( Cessna 172 experiance ) and currently fly an RV-7A that I built. Did something similar in New Zealand a few years ago and it was a great experiance. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Was deployed to SA with NASA some years back and there was a vibrant “aerial safari“ business at that time. start with that as a Google search and I’m betting you will have all the info you need.

Moin,
I've been down there in 2003, there was the Good Hope Flying Club at this time(at FACT), you could do cross wind training between the heavies =) and, in November, could have a look at all the whales. They had a 172RG, some Pipers(warrior, two seaters), also one(JGP) from one the University. Would recommend a flight to Sutherland, that was a new experience for me(got my german license 5 month before that trip) concerning the hight, high temperatures, deviation, gravel strip and and the absolute silence after you had landed. Enjoy , Jörg

Back