What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brackett Tow Bar adaptors

rvanstory

Well Known Member
I frequently fly into an FBO that does not have appropriate adaptors to fit my RV10 nose-wheel. It's always a pain to manually pull the plane to an overnight hangar with the Bogart bar I carry in the plane.
I've been looking at Brackett adaptors chart (see link), but there are no dimension listed for all the options.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/graphics/B/BrackettAdapters.jpg

I did find a post that says the T-750 adaptor works on RV10's, BUT on another post it list the I.D. at .515". The head of the bolt is .556". So, not sure that will work. Has anyone tried to solve this issue before? What adaptors would be needed? OR, do you know where to find detailed dimensions of all the adaptors showing I.D. and O.D. of adaptor?

These are cheap enough, I would by a set and carry with me for when this happens on trips.

I frequently fly into an FBO that does not have appropriate adaptors to fit my RV10 nose-wheel. It's always a pain to manually pull the plane to an overnight hangar with the Bogart bar I carry in the plane.
I've been looking at Brackett adaptors chart (see link), but there are no dimension listed for all the options.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/graphics/B/BrackettAdapters.jpg

I did find a post that says the T-750 adaptor works on RV10's, BUT on another post it list the I.D. at .515". The head of the bolt is .556". So, not sure that will work. Has anyone tried to solve this issue before? What adaptors would be needed? OR, do you know where to find detailed dimensions of all the adaptors showing I.D. and O.D. of adaptor?

These are cheap enough, I would by a set and carry with me for when this happens on trips.
Bogart makes a nice tow ring that will fit on a 2" ball or any tug I have come across. It lives on the tow bar and has been used many times.

If you have the standard nose wheel pin set up, the Cirrus pin set on their tow bar should work. I have not had any issues with an FBO towing the plane With their bar.

Back