What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BOSE LEMO Fuse

Blizzard

The installation instructions direct a 1/4 AMP fuse on the power supply. All four jacks will be roughly in the same location. Can I run a single power supply fused with 1/4 AMP(or maybe a 1AMP fuse?) then branch power to all four jacks? Or...does each jack need to have it's own 1/4 AMP fuse?

Thanks

LEMO fuse

I run my two LEMO plug setup off a single 1 amp ATO fuse. Ended up with a 1 amp size because that is the smallest ATO fuse size....and I didn't want to install a glass tube fuse for this one circuit.

Same

I have both my Lemo plugs powered off a single pin setup on the VPX set at 1 Amp.

Bear in mind the fuse or cb rating is to protect the wire, not the device on the end of the wire.
If using 22g then a 3 or 5A breaker is adequate.
24g (if you must) then 2 or 3A.
Manufacturers are only interested in their equipment, you are interested in the whole airplane.
Yes, one fuse of all the headsets is acceptable, I would make it at least 2A.

Bear in mind the fuse or cb rating is to protect the wire, not the device on the end of the wire.

Sure. But, de-rating the fuse/CB to a lower amperage than specified by a 22 or 24 awg wire will still protect the 22 or 24 awg wires in the airplane.

The LEMO connector manufacturer (BOSE probably) may also be trying to protect the wires in their headset cable, which may be smaller than the 22 or 24 awg used to wire the plug. There are 5 wires in a relatively small diameter jacketed bundle.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to ask yourself how important it is to you to have active noise cancellation. If you use one fuse then split the wires to 4 circuits, a short in one headset will blow the fuse and remove power from all of them.

Back