What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AV Map 4 power cable

riobison

Well Known Member
Trying to find a power cable for an AV Map 4. The one that I have, the plastic that holds the pins in place is rotted out. Would the cable from the AV Map 5 fit? Or is it completely different?

I have a couple of letters off to Av Map and so far nothing back.

Thanks
Tim

Trying to find a power cable for an AV Map 4. The one that I have, the plastic that holds the pins in place is rotted out. Would the cable from the AV Map 5 fit? Or is it completely different?

Thanks
Tim
Ordered a M8 Female 3 pin connection from the local electronics shop. $20.

Thanks
Tim
Mine did the same thing. I contacted AvMap. The replacement cable is on their website. I ordered a new one. Plugged right in with no issues. $25 or so

Mine did the same thing. I contacted AvMap. The replacement cable is on their website. I ordered a new one. Plugged right in with no issues. $25 or so
I tried that https://www.avmap.it/index.php?swt=0508&ipr=98&lng=en-us and its now $65.00, shipping est to be $30+ = $133.00+ cdn pesos, UPS or whomever will add in their brokerage fee for at least $25.00+ for $158.00 cdn pesos. For a 12 volt power cable:oops:

Im glad Ive had a good run of almost 45 yrs as a recreational pilot where it has been relatively affordable. Unfortunately that's all changing.

Tim

I tried that https://www.avmap.it/index.php?swt=0508&ipr=98&lng=en-us and its now $65.00, shipping est to be $30+ = $133.00+ cdn pesos, UPS or whomever will add in their brokerage fee for at least $25.00+ for $158.00 cdn pesos. For a 12 volt power cable:oops:

Im glad Ive had a good run of almost 45 yrs as a recreational pilot where it has been relatively affordable. Unfortunately that's all changing.

Tim

WOW!

Shipping has really got out of hand.

To their defense: The UPS union negotiated a huge hourly rate for drivers. And now they are cutting back on personnel. Go Figure

They still have the hardwired cable for $25

Back