What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Automotive sun visor

rvdave

Well Known Member
Has anyone found an automotive sun visor that would be a good fit for the RV10? I have the overhead console and looking for a mini visor maybe 12” long with mount. I think the right configuration could work well mounted to the overhead. I’m researching now, looking for ideas from the automotive world, maybe something with the slide out extension.

RAM mounts have a nice unit that could be mounted on the center tube.

But it would not be able to swing to the door area.

If you installed a ball mount at the upper outboard corner of the windshield you could then cover windshield or door glass.

https://rammount.com/search?q=sun visor

When I built my -10, I wanted visors like the high dollar Rosen's. I spent some time in a junkyard until I found a set that would work. Can't remember the vehicle it came out of but it was a compact. Got home removed the visor off the frame. Ordered some tinted plexi, made a router pattern, cut them out, and attached to the rod with screws. Looked great and functioned as they should.

Or, rethink the need for any visor. The last RV-10 I was in had the Rosen’s. I hated them. The owner eventually took them out.

Carl

Or, rethink the need for any visor. The last RV-10 I was in had the Rosen’s. I hated them. The owner eventually took them out.

Carl

Carl, I always value your insights on this forum. You are knowledgeable and experienced and I hesitate to offer any opinion that contradicts yours. However, in regards to Rosen visors, I LOVE mine in the 10 and would not want to fly without them. Perhaps it's just a "personal preference", or perhaps it might be because of how far down the side post they are mounted onto cabin (which would affect if they "get in the way" of normal viewing).

Either way, felt like I should post another viewpoint simply because I like them so much and wouldn't want others to be soured on the Rosens without another opinion being voiced.

Suzuki Vitara

I drive 4x4s. Suzukis. The visors in 2ng Gen 2000+ Suzuki Vitara, aka Chevy Tracker, are small. They are about 12" long, rotate sideways and have a slide out and mirror.
The Suzuki Samurai is even smaller but has no slide out. Search local Pick-A-Part inventory or contact Highway 83 Suzuki. He has a large inventory of used parts.

Back