What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Atlanta Builders Question

GTechRV

So my father and I are about to embark on the great RV-building journey while we are getting our pilots licenses. Not without hours and hours of research, we have chosen the -10 to begin. I was wondering if there were any RVators in the Atlanta metro (Gwinnett County?) who would let us do the over-the-shoulder thing or even help a little with their project for exposure.

Thanks. I look forward to getting to know you all in the coming months!

Ryan
www.roddzilla.com/rv10

LZU

Hi Ryan,
There's a very active chapter on the airport at LZU (Lawrenceville) with meetings every first Saturday of the month. Click on www.eaa690.org , their websire or go to www.eaa.org then click on "Chapters" on the left side to find a chapter anywhere in the USA.

Regards, and welcome to the neatest RV site on the planet :D

Shop visits welcome

Ryan,
I am building a RV-8A in Stone Mountain. You and your dad are welcome to come by my basement shop, Tranquility Base, any time. I am drilling, deburring, dimpling or riveting most nights each week. I am about 1/3 through with the fuselage. Feel free to give me a call.
Steve Ashby
404-310-5128
GT IMGT '77

I live over in the Suwanee area, probably not too far from you.

I'm building a -7A and have been at it for more than three years now -- hopefully I'll fly sometime early this year. My EAA Chapter (690) is having a project visit at my place on Feb. 10th. If you're interested in attending, please let me know and I'll send you my contact info in a private message.

Best,
Jamie

Ryan

My 8 if done, but you are welcome anytime over here at Athens. Check out our chapter at LZU, EAA 690. You wil find a LOT of RV activity in the Atlanta area.

Back