What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Asking for advice on : circuit breaker. ⁉️

A lot of those inaccessible CBs are now inaccessible for a reason, crews disabling T.O. warning, ect. Ask Delta about their 727 crash at DFW.
Also the crew that kept resetting the lav breaker that burnt a lot of passengers to death.
I spent decades as line maintenance at AA, I'm not surprised they tightened up the CB reset policy.

Last edited:
that comments rings true for me

On this debate, my current thought settles on breakers for pretty much everything though
because I like the idea of being able to preflight easily that nothing is faulted before and after start-up
and so that I can see it if faults in flight

I guess I am having trouble understanding the need to know a fuse or breaker has blown as part of a preflight. It isn’t on my check list.
What is your concern?
Even in flight, if you lose a fuse or breaker trips, you lose a component or system that should be obvious. I am sure there are exceptions, perhaps flaps, but still not quite sure of what your end goal is should you have an electrical interruption caused by your circuit protection, or the fault that tripped it.

A lot of those inaccessible CBs are now inaccessible for a reason, crews disabling T.O. warning, ect. Ask Delta about their 727 crash at DFW.
Also the crew that kept resetting the lav breaker that burnt a lot of passengers to death.
I spent decades as line maintenance at AA, I'm not surprised they tightened up the CB reset policy.

If you are talking about the 727 in 1988, that had nothing to do with resetting circuit breakers. It was caused by improper TO flaps setting.

“…The NTSB concluded that the TOWS had not activated because it had an intermittent problem that was not detected or corrected during the aircraft's last maintenance action...”

The lav accident was Air Canada…

Back