What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternative to EchoUAT

Prash

I'm New Here
First time builder and trying to figure out ADS-B. Here is my Setup - AFS 4500, GNC 430W, GTX 327. Looks like EchoUAT is one of the cheap option. But it's so hard to find one. All are out of stock.

What are my other options here?

The echoUat is awesome with the AFS 4500. You will get traffic on the 4500 screen. Other units that talk to the 4500 is the Navworks if you can find one.

After a lot reading. I agree with you that EchoUAT is a solid and cheaper option. But it's so hard to find it in the market.

GDL-82 only give ADBS-out
Navworx ADS600-B is way out of my budget

After a lot reading. I agree with you that EchoUAT is a solid and cheaper option. But it's so hard to find it in the market.

GDL-82 only give ADBS-out
Navworx ADS600-B is way out of my budget

Wouldn't rule out Navworx on price. Some have sold cheap on this site. Put up a WTB in classifieds for any / all of these devices and see what you get. You may need a different "in" depending on your desired display.

The echoUat is awesome with the AFS 4500. You will get traffic on the 4500 screen. Other units that talk to the 4500 is the Navworks if you can find one.

Wouldn't rule out Navworx on price. Some have sold cheap on this site. Put up a WTB in classifieds for any / all of these devices and see what you get. You may need a different "in" depending on your desired display.

If having just ADSB-out is an option. Do you think upgrading GTX 327 to 330ES would be the easy way?

Is anonymous mode important to you? That will not be an option with a mode s transponder.
Do you plan on flying outside the CONUS? A UAT doesn't meet the requirements in Canada.

Last edited:
If having just ADSB-out is an option. Do you think upgrading GTX 327 to 330ES would be the easy way?

IMHO the 330 is obsolete - physically large (deep) and heavy. Consider a Trig TT22. Mode S-ES, can read the Garmin format out of the 430W (if the 430W is old (6 or more years??) you may need to pay for a software upgrade). The main TT22 electronics remote mount, with a small controller on the panel. (I use a GRT Hx to control the TT22, saving more space). I know the GRT can send the needed altitude data to the TT22, do not know about the AFS. For ADSB-in (not required, but a very nice to have option) I found a used ‘SkyRadar’ box for $500; dual band, USB to the Hx (again, don’t know about the AFS) and WiFi to my iPad running WingX. Again, remote mounted.

used stratus ESG

Or maybe a Stratus ESG transponder. I have not used one, but I believe it has ADS-B out and WAAS GPS. Used they go for about $2500.00. If your 327 is in good shape it should sell for $700-$800 at least making the upgrade only about $1700 or so.....

Or maybe a Stratus ESG transponder. I have not used one, but I believe it has ADS-B out and WAAS GPS. Used they go for about $2500.00. If your 327 is in good shape it should sell for $700-$800 at least making the upgrade only about $1700 or so.....

I've been flying the Status ESG for a few years and it has been flawless. I use a homebuilt Stratux Raspberry-based receiver for ADS-B-In which also works very well.

Back