What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B performance report website

ge9a

Well Known Member
Is anyone else having problems receiving an ADS-B performance report? Twice within the last week or so, I have requested a report and I don't get anything back. In the past, I'd always get a return email within 5 minutes or so (whether the attached report is clean or failed), or I'd get an email stating my flight data couldn't be located. Now I'm not getting anything. Am I potentially the only one with this problem?

Is anyone else having problems receiving an ADS-B performance report? Twice within the last week or so, I have requested a report and I don't get anything back. In the past, I'd always get a return email within 5 minutes or so (whether the attached report is clean or failed), or I'd get an email stating my flight data couldn't be located. Now I'm not getting anything. Am I potentially the only one with this problem?
I've encountered many, many failures of the reporting system. Used to work fairly reliably, not now. It can't cope with multiple flights same day. Often whines about can't find the one flight in a day using the data submitted (and the data is right!). Sometimes responds to N number, not hex; sometimes vice versa. Occasionally, it works.

John Siebold

A common failure mode is that the date, as well as time, has to be in GMT. e.g., if you’re flying in the evening in the US, it’s already tomorrow in England.

Well, at least on not the only one experiencing issues. I used to get an email response (with the performance report attached, whether it passed or not) within 5 minutes, usually within 2 minutes. Today, and about a week ago, I didn't get one at all. I requested the report from today's flight again about 2 hours after I landed and it came back about 15 minutes later and was successful.

So I'm 2 for 2 on successful PAPR's since installing the EchoALT. So far, so good!

I pulled a report a few days ago and got a response within an hour. This may seem obvious but a lot of email ends in the spam folder. I use https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ to see the data.

A common failure mode is that the date, as well as time, has to be in GMT. e.g., if you’re flying in the evening in the US, it’s already tomorrow in England.
I concur. I just ordered one the other day. You have to make sure the flight date is correct in GMT relationship. Even if I make an error, (we are Klingon Cloaked) the system will send me a reply saying you made a mistake. Try another email, some .com emails are regularly banned. I.e. EarthLink.net

Back