What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

8A Carpet

coenraad123

My interior of my 8A is in the production process but I am running into a snag when it comes to the carpeting, any suggestions of where to go? I have contacted Oregon Aero, Classic Aero and Flightline but no go.

I recommend you not use carpet. In the 8/8A your heels tend to tear it up in short order.

I find a good paint and self adhesive no-slip vinyl where your feet go to work well.

Carl

I recommend you not use carpet. In the 8/8A your heels tend to tear it up in short order.

I find a good paint and self adhesive no-slip vinyl where your feet go to work well.
Carl
I agree about the heels, but carpet is nice -- here's what I did (had done) - carpet with a vinyl mat sewn onto it in the heel area. Still looks good 1600+ hrs later.
Can't help with who can do it, however, sorry.

Attachments

• rv6carpet.jpg
    rv6carpet.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 66
My interior of my 8A is in the production process but I am running into a snag when it comes to the carpeting, any suggestions of where to go? I have contacted Oregon Aero, Classic Aero and Flightline but no go.

What does "no go" mean? Are they no longer supplying RV-8A interiors?

I'll be darned. OK, I ran a duckduck search for "Van's aircraft interiors" and saw several business offering what you may be looking for. I won't list them here (VAF posting rules), but it was easy.

Good luck!

I'll be darned. OK, I ran a duckduck search for "Van's aircraft interiors" and saw several business offering what you may be looking for. I won't list them here (VAF posting rules), but it was easy.

Good luck!

Thank you for you effort.

Back