What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

27 Ship Formation Video

Capflyer

Well Known Member
Back on March 11-13, Team RV put together another excellent formation flying clinic at Smyrna, TN. Here is a short video I put together from the 27 Ship "All-Up" on Sunday. http://vimeo.com/21566588 If you like this, please select the heart shaped "Like" button on the video screen on Vimeo.

Last edited:
Awesome!

How many people on the ground thought they were getting invaded!?

Question: Is a CS prop required for the Formation clinics? Planning 3 blade Catto... will I not be able to play?

Statement: That fastback 4 looks amazing!

Great Formation Video!

I hit the "heart" button! Great Formation Video . . . in light rain, no less! Congratulations to All who flew in, and recorded/edited, this video.

Thanks!

Bill Palmer :)

Awesome!

How many people on the ground thought they were getting invaded!?

Question: Is a CS prop required for the Formation clinics? Planning 3 blade Catto... will I not be able to play?

Statement: That fastback 4 looks amazing!

A Constant Speed is not required for formation flying, just good stick and rudder skills with an easy pressure touch on the stick and an aggressive throttle. Constant Speed and Fixed Pitch work well together, but a Wingman uses 2500-2550 RPM for good throttle response.

A Constant Speed is not required for formation flying, just good stick and rudder skills with an easy pressure touch on the stick and an aggressive throttle. Constant Speed and Fixed Pitch work well together, but a Wingman uses 2500-2550 RPM for good throttle response.

Thanks for the response. I know it's not required for formation. I was just wondering if the clinic required it? Looking at the props surrounding the photo plane suggest it might be a requirement for the clinics? I've done formation with both FP and CS. Never really noticed a need for one over the other.

I must have misunderstood another thread that I thought stated CS was required for the class/clinic

Thanks
Scott

Back