What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12iS air induction not fitting

thiggins

Well Known Member
I cannot get the FF-00122 aluminum tube to fit inside the rubber neck of the air filter in this assembly. The inner diameter of the filter is about a 10th of an inch smaller than the aluminum tube. I am nearing destroying the filter trying to get it to fit.

What am I missing?

:confused:

I’m assuming the rubber neck of a filter protrudes through the FF-00120 and is clamped onto the aluminum tube. Is this not the case? If it is not the case, wouldn’t that create a metal on metal situation between the aluminum tube and the aluminum FF-00120 ?

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Yes it is a tough fit. I ended up shaving off some of the rubber.

You could try putting silicone grease on the metal and soaking the rubber part in hot water. Or use a hair dryer to heat it up.

Last edited:
It is a tight fit, but you’re the first person I have seen mention having difficulty.
The tube doesn’t go through the filter past the plate.
It is only inside the portion of the filter flange that is above the plate then gets clamped with the clamp. This leaves the plate captured between the body of the filter and the flared out portion of the flange with the tube inside of it.

It is a tight fit, but you’re the first person I have seen mention having difficulty.
The tube doesn’t go through the filter past the plate.
It is only inside the portion of the filter flange that is above the plate then gets clamped with the clamp. This leaves the plate captured between the body of the filter and the flared out portion of the flange with the tube inside of it.

Yes, that is my understanding of the assembly. Even disregarding the plate completely , the tube will not fit into the filter. Could be a combination of the filter having shrunk and the tube being a little too large.

Used heat

Follow up…

I heated the rubber filter neck with a heat gun and was able to get the tube in. Might be an older and harder chunk of rubber in this air filter. Heat softened it and allowed it to stretch a bit.

If you want to try your luck with a new filter, the K&K part number is RU-0800.

Last edited:
Back