What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12 Finish kits

Brantel

Well Known Member
Anyone have any credible info on 12 finish kits and when they might start becoming available? Vans has gone silent for me on mine.

Anyone have any credible info on 12 finish kits and when they might start becoming available? Vans has gone silent for me on mine.
Just that last week I received a massive back order on my finish kit. I now have everything except the Grove brakes and the interior. No extra charges or shipping fees. This suggests they are catching up, and have at least one batch of non-LCP finish kit parts, plus a pile of fiberglass parts too.

Just that last week I received a massive back order on my finish kit. I now have everything except the Grove brakes and the interior. No extra charges or shipping fees. This suggests they are catching up, and have at least one batch of non-LCP finish kit parts, plus a pile of fiberglass parts too.
Just received the seats and interior yesterday during the hearing!

My understanding is those come from Abby at Flightline. Last I heard she was shipping on good faith that somewhere down the line she will be made whole. That is what putting the customer first looks like!

I spoke to Van's on December 29. They couldn't give me a date for availability, but they did say that RV-12iS finish kits would be shipped to customers in the order that we agreed to the new pricing.

My understanding is those come from Abby at Flightline. Last I heard she was shipping on good faith that somewhere down the line she will be made whole. That is what putting the customer first looks like!
That's what she told me.

When was your finish kit order date? I’ve been on and off contact with Abby about my interior that I was wanting to upgrade but haven’t contacted her since October. I ordered my finish kit in November ‘22. Wonder if I’m getting close to my interior build slot coming up.

When was your finish kit order date? I’ve been on and off contact with Abby about my interior that I was wanting to upgrade but haven’t contacted her since October. I ordered my finish kit in November ‘22. Wonder if I’m getting close to my interior build slot coming up.
February 2023

You probably already know this... but in the BMC Portal, there's a list kits Vans had on-hand in inventory at the time of the portal opening. No -12 finish kits are on the list. FYI.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 6.14.28 PM.png

You probably already know this... but in the BMC Portal, there's a list kits Vans had on-hand in inventory at the time of the portal opening. No -12 finish kits are on the list. FYI.

View attachment 54146
Yes, I already know this. That info is almost a month old and is basically worthless at this point. This is a very fluid situation and a month old list that has not been updated means nothing to me. I want to know what is really going on and that is the point of this post. Since no one has said otherwise, it appears that Vans is not doing to well on the RV-12 side of things. If they want to survive, they better start communicating to those of us with pending orders that in good faith accepted the new terms. I knew the list said no kits available when I signed but I want to know what to expect for delivery in the future. So far….. crickets!

Last edited:
They are accepting deposits for new 12is Finish Kits, paid my deposit yesterday... can't help you with when fully paid for kits will be delivered. Unfortunately the deposit request came with no estimate as to what the lead time is.

They are accepting deposits for new 12is Finish Kits, paid my deposit yesterday... can't help you with when fully paid for kits will be delivered. Unfortunately the deposit request came with no estimate as to what the lead time is.
Any estimate as to the PRICE?

The -12 order forms are offline though right? How did you place the order.

The -12 order forms are offline though right? How did you place the order.
I emailed kit sales, they sent me the new form. It does not have powerplant or avionics pricing on it yet but does have updated kit pricing and reflects the new option menu.

I ordered wheelpants for my -12. The availability showed them back ordered. They shipped approximately 6 days later.

I put a deposit on a 12iS finish kit last October, along with wings/emp/fuse. Received the latter 3 kits about a month ago; the finish kit is now scheduled for crating in July, which certainly won’t be a problem in terms of my timing. I also had an incredibly fast turnaround and shipment for some freight-damaged and missing parts on the three delivered kits. I feel like Vans has the wheels back on, and is headed in the right direction.

My 12iS finish kit arrived today. I agreed to the new price on December 29, 2023. On March 28, 2024, Van's told me it would ship within 4 to 6 weeks, but it actually left the factory about 3 weeks later.

My 12iS finish kit arrived today. I agreed to the new price on December 29, 2023. On March 28, 2024, Van's told me it would ship within 4 to 6 weeks, but it actually left the factory about 3 weeks later.
When did you originally order? What was your original pack date prior to the crap hitting the fan?

When did you originally order? What was your original pack date prior to the crap hitting the fan?
I originally ordered on 12/17/2021. Crating was estimated to be between 03/06/23 and 05/01/2023, but I volunteered to delay delivery until December 2023. Although the original price was supposed to be locked in, after Van's filed for Chapter 11, I had to pay the new price, which was significantly higher.

I haven't inventoried the kit yet, but the good news is, kits are shipping again, and from what I can tell by reading the packing list, no items are on backorder.

Back