What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Carpet Edging

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Since I was working all night, I figured it wasn't a good idea to try and aviate this morning (that and the fact that thunderstorms are pounding the area!), so instead, I went out the hangar to work on some carpet mats for the baggage compartments. I was inspired by some stuff I saw with a yellow tag (half price!) at Aviation (uh...Home) Depot the other day - it is a sticky-back taped designed to wrap around the cut edge of a carpet, and give you a nice finished look. It comes in a little bubble-pack of two 30" strips, and was overpriced at $6, but for half that, I figure I'd try it.

I don't know what glue they are suing, but the stuff really seems to work! I made a carpet for each baggage area in the -8, and I bought enough stuff to do some floor mats as well.

I don't know if you'll find it at your local Depot, cause it seemed they were closing it out, but I'd say it is a fast way to make carpets look finished!

Paul

Back