What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pmag orientation

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I would like to rotate my right Pmag 180 degrees so the connectors are pointed down. Install manual states the mag can be installed at any convenient orientation. So if I am interpreting this correctly, changing the clocking is a non issue. Correct?

That is correct. Clocking of the PMAG has no effect on timing when using the "blow in the tube" method. Find a position that is convenient for tightening the PMAG bolts. Don't forget to use new star washers.

That is correct. Clocking of the PMAG has no effect on timing when using the "blow in the tube" method. Find a position that is convenient for tightening the PMAG bolts. Don't forget to use new star washers.
Thanks. On my to do list today.

News flash. Right Pmag can’t be positioned with plugs on bottom. Drive isn’t centered and hits the case.
oh well.

News flash. Right Pmag can’t be positioned with plugs on bottom. Drive isn’t centered and hits the case.
oh well.
You’ll find that while the P-Mag can mount “universally”, there are actually only a few useful positions……

Webb,

Not sure what your building or what engine you have, but here's a pic of my right P-Mag on an IO-390 (RV-14)

Was a bit of a challenge getting it to an orientation that I liked for wiring.

Attachments

• P-Mag.jpg
    P-Mag.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 69
Hey Webb. Clocking these requires some experimentation to figure out what orientation plays nice with all the other stuff thats going on back there. For my setup, it worked well to have both of them clocked so the plugs are at about the 3:00 o'clock position.

Back