What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Norcal RV community

Joe Giallo

I'm New Here
I'm relocating to the San Jose area and want to connect with the local RV community. My 7A is in the paint shop on the east coast and I want to bring it out but haven't had much luck locating hangars, etc. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Joe
N813MJ

I'm relocating to the San Jose area and want to connect with the local RV community. My 7A is in the paint shop on the east coast and I want to bring it out but haven't had much luck locating hangars, etc. Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Hi Joe,

We have a few RVs at San Carlos (two under construction and at least two flying). Hayward has a few RVs as well. Reid Hillview has a lot.

You might want to sign up on the norcal RV yahoo group, there will likely be plenty of folks with ideas. I know Brian just posted on space for an RV in a hangar at Reid Hillview.

Hangar space around there is always a premium. You may have some luck at out-lying airports such as Tracy, Hollister, Half Moon Bay, and even as far as Salinas, Marina, and Watsonville (if you're really in a bind).

thanks

I appreciate the information. I'm working in Sunnyvale and will likely be living in a location with a good high school.

Regards,

Joe

Joe,
I may have a hanger space opening up in the near future as my hanger mate may move to Salinas. I'm at Reid Hillview (RHV) and have worked in Silicon Valley for 35 yrs.
Let me know if I can help with info or anything.

Ed Cole
RV6A N2169D

South County is another option

Joe -
I live in Mountain View, work in Sunnyvale, and keep my -6A at South County airport; about a 35 mile drive south. Hangar prices are same at South County and RHV. Better (newer) condition hangars at South County and easier to get in quickly, but RHV more convenient to where you're moving to. I know several folks that got into South County and then moved to RHV when moved up the waiting list...or you may be able to find sub-lease space in larger RHV hangar.
Palo Alto is another option but pretty much only for outside tiedown.

Chris

old school and admirable

...to be working your way through high school to pay for the 7A:) Sorry, I couldn't resist, but you did invite it:eek:

...a location with a good high school...Any comments/suggestions are welcome...

Jeremy
7A and punch-drunk from working the baffles

Salinas

This may be a bit far for you but I am leaving a Port-a-Port hangar where the City charges $86.00 a month. I have paid a lot more for the same type of hangar at airports that have a lot less to offer.

Last edited:
Space at Reid Hillview

For the first time since the 60's the hanger list is exhausted at RHV. If you want one you can get one very quickly. The person I used to sublet from now has space and is looking for an RV to put in there. You could move in there immediately if you choose to. His plane is a Cub that flys very rarely. Private message me if you would like his number.

Back