What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matco break drag

Drippy

Well Known Member
I have done my searching and found a number of good discussion on this forum about break drag but I am not sure about the actual placement of the shim?

Before I jump to the conclusion let me lay out the facts as I know them:

I have Matco breaks and have already done the spring mod to my brake pedals. I have gone through the Matco brake drag procedure and don’t see any hydraulic pressure at the bleeder - thus don’t believe it is a hydraulic issue.

The rub - I get a slight rub during 1/8-1/4 of the rotation over the same section of the disc every rotation. I tired a new disc and still get the rub. It isn’t noticeable during taxi or ground maneuver of the airplane but I did have an overheat issue last year when taxing at a retired SAC base so I want to address it.

My planned COA is to add a shim as suggested in a number of the forums. I am just not sure where? It makes sense to me that it be added between the spacer, item 6, on the Matco caliper drawing but I wanted to see if anyone else has done this mod?

Thanks

Back