What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bay Area rental or joyrides?

tmbg

Well Known Member
I'm in the Bay Area for a week, and I'd love to fly some while I'm here. I talked to a couple clubs but they all want to soak me for initiations and long term membership dues and hint at 6-10 hour checkouts. Anyone have any leads on good rental options for a 1300hr C-AMEL-IA with 800 hours in Cherokees, 250tw including 220 in RV-6?

Or is there anyone around who would like to fly some and could use a gas splittin copilot?

I'll be at Hayward KHWD most of Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
If you fit in the back of an RV-4, we can probably arrange something.

Click on my name above and e-mail me if interested.

Used to live in the Bay area. Have you thought of getting a check out while taking a scenic flight? The Bay tour is a great thing to do. Pay the FBO the rental fee plus the instructor fee and go for it? I?v heard of many out of the area pilots doing this in different areas when visiting, although not recently. It sounds doable though?
Larry

I found a school at Palo Alto that checked me out in their arrow and gave me some airspace instruction for not too much money, so I'm gonna fly that a bunch this weekend :)

I'll be at Hayward KHWD most of Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
If you fit in the back of an RV-4, we can probably arrange something.

Click on my name above and e-mail me if interested.

Thanks Mark! I haven't been in the back of a 4 but I imagine your w&b would be ugly. Thanks for the offer though!

Back