What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bay area hangars

ctennis

Well Known Member
Likely relocating into the south SF bay area next summer. I'm already on plenty of lists and don't think finding space is actually going to be a problem given the long lead time, but always looking at off-market or non-airport owned options.

I have an RV-10, an RV-8, and my 13 year old is building an RV-12. If anyone has leads on spots that aren't t-hangars, in particular private box hangars or other shared spaces with like minded homebuilders always interested in hearing about those opportunities. Where the planes ultimately end up likely will help inform where we ultimately end up!

I thought so too, but I've talked to a few different airports and the waitlists at prseent are much shorter than in the past. Immediate openings at RHV.

South county and Watsonville are probably your best bets for a hangar within a year. You might be able to get a t hanger at San Carlos, but getting a box hanger at KPAO or SQL is going to be like winning the lottery., but I'll keep an ear out if any around us come up with a free space. If you haven't looked up the rates yet, Santa Clara county box hangers run in the 1000-2000/month range.

Schedule of Fees and Charges for Santa Clara County Airports https://countyairports.sccgov.org/sites/g/files/exjcpb686/files/2023-02/2023-03 update Fee Sched.pdf

Last edited:
Come join us at KRHV. Several -10s and -8s on the field. The UL94 is delicious. I’m hopeful the airport stays around, or gets stuck in lawsuits. Wait list at SJC is about 20 years long so no point. I’m also hopeful that if RHV closes then more hangars will be built in San Martin, although then that airport would need a tower, and people there would get upset at all the noise….

Back