What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7A transition training in Arizona

Hello All,

I've just about closed on the purchase of a 7A and I'm thrilled. I'm looking for a transition trainer that is local or close enough that it will work for me and my other two partners that are purchasing the aircraft with me. We are based at KFFZ and would appreciate any recommendations.

We will be requesting the LODA from the FAA.

Best regards,

Brian

Hello All,

We will be requesting the LODA from the FAA.

Brian

I think the FAA has or will soon have stopped passing them out, since Congress just passed a bill updating the applicable FAR. And any transition training cfi has his own copy by now, anyway (only one LODA was required).

EAA Chapter 228 is at Falcon Field. They have at least one member with an RV who can do the training. Andy Elliott has an RV-8. They fly similarly.

EAA Chapter 228 is at Falcon Field. They have at least one member with an RV who can do the training. Andy Elliott has an RV-8. They fly similarly.

Okay, careful. I think the OP was asking about transition training in the airplane he recently purchased. For this either the owner or a cfi will need the 2021 LODA until the latest congressional bill is signed into law. After that, nothing needed. Owners insurance company may have something to say about extending coverage when the cfi is PIC. But if the cfi is also furnishing the airplane, then the airplane owner must have the 2009 (or there abouts) LODA. A lot more paperwork to get, and, most insurance policies do not cover giving instruction for hire.

Back